Hope you had a great weekend ringing in the New Year! If you follow me on facebook (and if you don’t, why not?), you’ll know that we enjoyed the traditional New Year’s dinner of collards, black-eyed peas, and more. And today begins the real start to 2012 – a fresh new beginning!
I have been really inspired to set some specific goals for my life, marriage, work, and home this year. Goals that I can strive to reach and that can be measured. Not the New Year’s resolution kind of “Be a better person” – that is so vague and completely immeasurable! :)
I wrote a rather lengthy post over on The Frugal Homemaker today on the priorities I have in life right now, along with the goals I have set for this coming year to help me achieve keeping those priorities in perspective. I won’t re-share all of that here. But I do want to share some goals that I have that specifically relate to Centsible Savings.
- Start shopping CVS again. I have taken about 6 months off from shopping at CVS. I needed the break, enjoyed the break, and now am ready to go again. I will probably approach it a little different (more on that later). Biggest reason for this is we are running out of toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant… all the stuff I usually get at CVS FREE or for pennies and I can’t bring myself to pay full-price again! I also plan to start blogging the CVS deals here at Centsible Savings again on Mondays.
- New look for Centsible Savings. This is going to take a while but I am hoping to completely redesign the look and function of Centsible Savings
- Share more of our financial goals and how we are doing on them each month. If you read the detailed goal post over at The Frugal Homemaker you know that one big financial goal we have this year is to save cash to purchase a car. I hope to share with you how we are doing on that goal and more.
- Share several how-to coupon series. First up is the series I talked about before the holidays - “How to save $ when grocery prices go up … and coupon deals slow down.” I didn’t get a change to share this with you before Christmas was upon us, so that will be airing in January.
- Keep striving to save my family money and help your family do the same!
Anything else you want me to cover or add? Have you made any New Year’s resolutions or goals? If so, share them in the comments! :)