Total for all trips combined: $253.77
- $50.00 in Mega Savings at Kroger
- $154.14 in coupons
I paid - $49.63!!!!
paying less than $50.00 for $250.00 of groceries = priceless :)
And let me say a few things:
- Don't worry, I did not deplete the shelves - I left plenty for others. Fortunately my stores were very well stocked. I am finding "couponing" is becoming quite popular in our area and I think our stores normally do a pretty good job of stocking the shelves on the good deals. Plus we have 4 Kroger and 3 Publix stores within a 15 mile radius.
- I will not use all the cans of evaporated milk, etc. but I am accumulating quite a large pile of food to donate to a family in need/food pantry for the holidays. I am so thankful for the things I am able to get for free or cheap that I can then pass on to others that need them.
- My cat loves all the free cat treats I get - he is probably the best fed cat ever! :) Also collecting pet products to a donate to a animal shelter.
- My weekly budget is $40.00 so I borrowed $10 from next week for this week to account for all the great sales this week. But after this week, I am find myself hoping the deals are slow next week and I can take a short break! :)
- I do not post this to brag or discourage you. I hope to inspire and encourage you to see how much you can save! I have been "couponing" for almost 2 years now - so these savings did not happen overnight. Also, please realize - YES, you can save money with coupons! And you can save a LOT of money with coupons with some work! I will be sharing my year-to-date savings next week so stay tuned!
So how did you do? Link in and share your trip!