What better way to celebrate National Coupon Month than giving away coupons to YOU! I will be having several giveaways over the next 2 weeks so stay tuned!
This giveaway will run through Wednesday, September 15th at 9:00 p.m.
So yes, I use coupons (a lot of coupons!) and try to get things for as cheap as possible. BUT there are still some things I splurge on. :)
- World’s Best Cat Litter – We have an indoor cat and I love this cat litter. It is completely bio-degradable, made out of corn, and is flushable! I keep the litter box in our half bath downstairs so it is so easy to just scoop and flush! :) It costs about $6.99-$7.99 a bag, but I frequently get $2 and $3 coupons for it, and sometimes get rebates for it. It also usually lasts a month or more where any other brand I have tried had to be completely changed in a few weeks.
- Brand Name Pepsi and Coke drinks – I know, I know but the store brands are just not the same to us! I do buy them when they are the cheapest and we are not major coke drinkers so they can last us a long time.
- Buying my lunch out sometimes. I work outside the house a few days a week and I have to say, I HATE bag lunches! So I will stop and get a footlong sandwich at Subway, drop off 1/2 to my husband for lunch, just to avoid that bag lunch a few times a month.
- I am brand loyal to these things: Rumford Baking Powder, Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Bisquick baking mix (unless someone can share a homemade mix recipe), and I am sure a few more things. Everything else – I will buy whatever is cheapest with coupons! :)
- I use a lot of hair products! :) I have naturally curly hair that can be hard to manage. I currently use Garnier Shampoo/Conditioner, Aussie gel, Suave pump hairspray, and Tresemme aerosol hairspray and I use a LOT of it! (Yay for Tresemme being on sale this week at CVS!) I try to buy as much as I can when they are on sale but sometimes have to pay full price for my hairspray. BUT, I don’t have to get my hair permed or colored and I only get my hair cut every 3-4 months and it only costs $20.
So there is some of the things I splurge on even though I am a super thrifty person!
Now I want to know what you splurge on!
Here’s how to enter:
(You must have subscribed to Centsible Savings by email, in a reader, or on facebook to be eligible to win these giveaways.)
Share in a comment (with your email address!) what you splurge on!
This should make for some fun reading!
I just splurged on a pair of boots that are perfect in every way!!! They are exactly what I was looking for. And I paid with Amazon giftcards, survey money, and had a coupon code....so it really wasn't that much of a splurge :)ReplyDelete
I really try not to be brand loyal so I can save as much money as possible. There are a few things I refuse to change brands on though. One of them is Honeycombs cereal. We have tried different store brands of it and nothing compares to the actual brand. I also try to go places out to eat that I have a coupon for or have a good deal, but when I have a craving for mexican I have to go to a restaurant in my town called MiReplyDelete
Jalapeno. I crave this place and nothing else ever satisfies it like this place :) my email is email@example.com. Thanks!
I don't have many splurges. A weird one is Glad ForceFlex bags. I ONLY buy those trash bags. I'll even pay full price for them, if I have to. (and I don't pay full price for anything, if I can help it!) I also splurge on good quality chocolate and ice cream. I've found that if I buy the good stuff I eat less of it, so that's kind of a win/win situation. :) abbieandpaul at hotmail dot comReplyDelete
Although, I have found some good coupons, my main splurge right now is Huggies Pure and Natural diapers for my youngest who has eczema and very sensitive skin. We also like Breyers ice cream. And I like using Olay skin care.ReplyDelete
oops, forgot my email firstname.lastname@example.orgReplyDelete
I swear by John Frieda Frizz Ease hairspray. I have tried lots of hairspray for my curly hair and that one beats them all by far, but... it is expensive! :( Weirdly, for a while it was cheaper at HT than at Walmart, but that was soon rectified. :)ReplyDelete
I follow you via Google Reader.ReplyDelete
We splurge Gatorade and Powerade for my hardworking husband!
frugalracingfanmommy at gmail dot com
Personally, I love Pantene for my hair. Sometimes I'll use H. Essences or Aussie shampoo/cond. but Pantene's my favorite- and all I use for hairspray. Like you, I only buy BC Supreme brownie mix- it's THE best! We usually like Turkey Hill or Breyers ice cream- whichever is on sale that week. And for toilet paper, I buy Cottonelle double roll. Of course, for all these items, I try to buy them only on sale with coupons. However, these are a few things I am pretty brand-loyal with when I buy them!ReplyDelete
We splurge on Tide laundry detergent and my husbands hair product Crew. Thankfully I found a B1G1 free at Target last week! It's funny he will only use the expensive stuff... and I use couponed hair spray :) We also only get Pampers (w/a coupon of course and Target deals) for the babies bc it seems we go through less diapers using a better quality.ReplyDelete
I splurge on Glad Press'n Seal! I use coupons for everything but I NEVER found one for this the Press 'n Seal. I tryed to use the store brand but doesn't work as good. I'm an e-mail subscriber!ReplyDelete
I try not to be brand loyal either, but Tide is something I splurge on for the clean laundry scent! :-)ReplyDelete
tigergal01 @gmail .com
I am brand loyal to Wellness Cat food. I have tried other brands and either my cats gain weight or the one will develop allergies. The local pet store has a reward program that every so many bags you have you get one free. If i can find a good coupon I will order it online.ReplyDelete
Some say i splurge on taking my cats to the vet but i think yearly check ups are good, and save me money in the long run because they can identify stuff before it becomes a problem. If I book both cats at the same time the vet usually gives me a discount.
I, like you, hate store brand soda. I am a coke girl but if pepsi is on sale I will buy it!
I only work 3 days a week and usually eat out once a week, but the other two days I either bring leftovers or a tv dinner thnat i got for really cheap using coupons and store sales!
dwalline at gmail dot com
I splurge on Lunchables and individual snacks for the kids. Packing 4 lunches each morning is stressful enough without having to individually divvy up snacks.ReplyDelete
I splurge on Ballerich's potato chips. They are the best. They are hardly ever on sale. email@example.comReplyDelete
I splurge on Coke products too!ReplyDelete
love getting your email newsletters=)
I splurge on all natural dog food, Holistic Blend. It cost a lot, but I feel in the long run, it saves on vet cost. Besides, we love our dog that we got from a shelter.ReplyDelete
I "splurge" on my four teens school activities since our district has us pay for classes like art and band. Plus we pay for each school team they are on.
I try to use coupons on other things or buy on clearance.
I splurge on cat food, Pepsi, and Gatorade.ReplyDelete
I splurge on paper craft supplies.ReplyDelete
I am not brand loyal and my family has gotten used to using what I get matching sales with coupons. However, my husband must have his Speedstick Irish Spring deodorant. If he has this one item he pretty much lets me do what I have to do with our grocery budget. mooosley AT gmail DOT com.ReplyDelete
I've noticed since we started couponing that I can get just about everything on sale or matched. The only thing I ususally get stuck with is dog food. When you already buy a 40lb bag that only last over a week, it's hard to stock up! We alternate between Pedigree and Purina (please don't start the 'don't feed your dog that crap' comments).ReplyDelete
Hmmmmmm, well this changes all the time actually. I'm very brand specific in a few things, one being Pepsi and another is Crest toothpaste. I buy these items when they are on sale and try to get the best prices possible (toothpaste I only buy when it's free now as I have a good stockpile now). We also splurge on our fruits and veggies although even these I try to purchase what's in season and rotate what we eat.ReplyDelete
I subscribe to your email's and 'like' you on FB